Composite Seacock’s


Removing all the old Seacock’s and installing new in composite from TruDesign. In this way I rise the level of safety onboard, with no old installations to brake down and let the water in. Composite is, by my oppinion, the best solution.

By removing all the old seacock’s I have a chance to place the new ones in the right positions and ease the new construction of the interior, cabin, galley, head etc. Not to be controlled by the placement of the old seacock’s.

Please take a look on the YouTube video from TruDesign (link below)

TruDesign – YouTube

Empty Hull !!!


The interior of the Sailboat is completely removed, this however was not the intention at first, but the state of the wood overall was to bad – and the original construction didn’t give room enough for the three new inboard Tanks.





Rotten Floor Support!?!

The Dshipman_rotten_floor_eck-stepped mast on the Shipman are supported below the Cabintop by the Doorway between the Saloon and the Head/Front Berth. This is the compression post down to the Floor support/frame/stringer. The problem was however, this was rotten and would have been an insufficient support, due the risk of compression, that might lead into an deflection of the Cabintop!

Getting further with the restoration, the project just keep getting bigger!


New Frames…


To support the new Fresh Water Tank I’ve made some Frames/Stringers of Mahogany Laminate. First with models in paper, then cut in shape with a Rounder and at last number with Roman ciffers.

The Frames/Stringers will be mounted with fibre glass at the Hull.



















Goodbye old Diesel Tank!

shipman_goodbye_old_diesel_01The old 30 liters Stainless Diesel Tank is removed to make space for the anchor and chain. I think the new Diesel Tank has to be larger, due to the length of our future adventures!

Update! I have brought a new 60 liters Plastic Diesel Tank, with large access for cleaning etc. The new Diesel Tank is of the same model as the new Water Tank, just smaller! These Tanks are very fine and are made for three purposes, water, fuel and waste! There are different sizes and the lid is of different color mathing the purpose. (blue for water, red for fuel, brown for waste)

Fresh Water!

Tshipman_fresh_water_he original Water Tank in the Sailboat was removed and no new was intalled. My dreams is longer adventures in the Sailboat and longer travels has to be supported with clean Fresh water. Therefor the new Water Tank holds 108 liters and can support the family in four-five days.

The Water Tank is made of plastik and have a large access to maintain and clean the Tank. The Fresh Water Tank are installed in the Boat, with removal, service and cleaning in mind.

Removing the Head…


To ease the new Sanitation installation I removed the Head and Backplate. This however opened up space in the Cabin, that were lost before and I quickly decided not to use the Backplate again.

To improve the comfort I bought a new Toilet with a wide Rim, this is also with a Manual Pump to keep the use of electricity in the Sailboat to a minimum.



Extra Berth!?


The Shipman Sailboat is designed with a very large compartment for storage of gear, rope, fenders etc. The compartment is below the entire Port Bench and below the Deck at the Stern.

To add an extra Berth in the Port side – as in the Starboard side – I removed the hatch and sealed it with Mahogany Laminate. This extra Berth will allow six adults to travel comfortably with the Sailboat.

















Trim Rudder…

shipman_trimrudder_The old Trim Rudder on the back of the Keel was due the lack of positive function, removed or fixed with fibre glass. The official drawings to this rebuild was sent to Shipman owner’s by the Shipyard back in the 1970’s.

However the Handle for the Trim Rudder was newer removed, therefor all the cables, wires, handle etc. are not onboard any more!


sailboat_cork_islolation_The Saloon is partly isolated with a layer of Cork, this however is a very bad idea, because Cork holds Water. The Shroud Chainplates are leaking, both in Port and Starboard side, and soaking the Cork isolation. The Chainplates have been leaking for years and totally desolved parts of the Cork plates, holding moist and bad smell. Of course the Cork had to go…











First look…

shipman_panel_Resting on the Stands on the front lawn, I could finally get a first ‘real’ look inside. I knew she was an old Sailboat and the former owner didn’t have the age and health to attend to her the last few years. This of course was shown in the lack of service to the boat and the interior – except the nice windows and the fine cushions below.

First step was to empty the Boat completely from 30 years of vacations, holidays etc., this does fill up a Sailboat with lots and lots of things. When finished, I had removed about 600 kilograms of books, notes, screws, nuts, bolts, cans, plates, cups, forks etc. A mountain of filled shipman_panel_open_Plastik bags raised up on the front lawn.

The project had begun!













Dinner aboard


First dinner aboard the very new Sailboat! The Boat just landed on the front lawn a couple of hours ago, this was a great opportunity because the rebuilding projects on the Sailboat started up the following day…

(Dinette Saloon)

Take-off and landing!


Early morning I drove to the ‘Lynetten’ harbour to ready the transportation of the Sailboat. Together with the former owner we sorted out  the last things and finished with the payment and a rememberable Handshake.

The Truck quickly lifted the Sailboat out of the former captains hands and into mine. Firmly and securely placed, the Truck started the Journey south to insure a swift landing of the Sailboat on my front lawn!